The high thermal performance, eco-friendly insulation block and concrete beam flooring system
TETRiS high performance insulation blocks replace concrete blocks in a traditional beam and block floor to enable builders to construct structural ground floors in a fraction of the time and cost. TETRiS blocks are made from 100% recyclable, lightweight, easy to handle, closed cell extruded polystyrene, which have a high compressive strength. They are strong, robust, are highly resistant to water and are able to withstand foot traffic during the build process.
TETRiS Structural Flooring System Benefits
By using the TETRiS system in a structural floor dramatically increase the structures thermal insulation efficiency, with U-values as low as 0.11 W/m2K achievable
TETRiS insulation blocks work in conjunction with pre-stressed concrete floor beams to form a fixed floor level above the beams whatever the floor’s size, reducing design costs. The insulation blocks are covered with concrete to produce a fully insulated finished structural floor slab.
The system dramatically increases the floor’s thermal efficiency and eliminates cold bridging, helping builders to comply with the demanding requirements of the 2006 Edition of Approved Document L (Section 6 – Energy for Scotland) of the 2000 Building Regulations. Once installed the TETRiS system can provide 3x more Code for Sustainable Homes credits than a beam and concrete block floor. TETRiS has been awarded the highest possible code for sustainable homes construction rating of A+ = 3 Code credits (Element No. 820140051).
Benefits of TETRiS Ground Floor Insulation
- High thermal performance: U-values as low as 0.11 W/m2K achievable
- A+ Green Guide rated system
- Quicker and easier to install than traditional beam and block floor systems
- Produces a floor with zero cold bridges
- CSH Pol 1 compliant TETRiS ECO option available
- 100% Recyclable
- Work with all types and sizes of pre-stressed concrete floor beams
- Can be easily integrated with an underfloor heating system
Compared with traditional concrete infill blocks, incorporating TETRiS blocks into the design dramatically reduces the static load imposed on the concrete beams, thus reducing the overall quanitiy of beams required and increasing the span bridged.
TETRiS Block and beam simple ordering process
- Customer or architect e-mails ground floor/foundation layout(s) and U-value requirement(s) to Cellecta’s TETRiS Technical Department (TTD) – email@example.com
- TTD produces a beam and TETRiS layout tailored to the floor’s design and performance requirements.
- TTD issue an email quotation detailing components included in the price (TETRiS blocks, pre-stressed concrete beams, concrete slip and closure blocks) along with the U-values achieved using different TETRiS block thickness’.
- If acceptable, the customer emails back order confirmation together with specific delivery information. TTD issues payment instruction by return.
- A mutually convenient delivery date for the components is agreed and confirmed by email.
- TETRiS blocks are delivered in palletised plot specific lots, together with any required slip and closer blocks and a colour coded layout drawing.
- Beams are delivered on a flat bed lorry
- Contractor installs floor in accordance with issued layout plan and Cellecta’s fitting instructions.